Pierce County Georgia
Chamber of Commerce
200 SW CENTRAL AVENUE,
BLACKSHEAR, GA 31516
The Chamber of Commerce is hiring.
The Chamber of Commerce is hiring a full-time Executive Director. The job description is below. Applicants may send their resumes directly to Sarah via email or mail them to the Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 47 Blackshear GA 31516.
The Pierce County Chamber of Commerce is seeking a career-minded, dynamic, energetic, and highly motivated individual for the position of Executive Director. This position will lead the strategic vision and mission of the Chamber. The Director will be a visionary with overall responsibilities for leadership and management of the Chamber and will be accountable for the effective and efficient operation of the organization including fiscal management. The Director works with the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Committee Chairs, Pierce County Development Authority, and Chamber Volunteers to achieve the Chamber’s goals.
The pay range is $32,000 to $40,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 professional references to Pierce County Chamber of Commerce,
Attn: Selection Committee, 200 SW Central Ave., Blackshear, GA 31516 or email to email@example.com Position is open until filled.
Leadership: Providing objective advisement during board discussions regarding setting and implementing policy, and priorities, and establishing a program of work. The Executive Director will work closely with city and county government/elected officials, Pierce County Development Authority, City of Blackshear’s Main Street Program, Patterson Eagle Station, and other community organizations in a collaborative effort to attract business and industry, promote community events, and develop a ready workforce in the Pierce County area.
Devising and implementing a program that assures the Chamber’s membership and the business community are provided highly visible, well-expected, and keenly effective representation regionally.
To undertake programs and activities that improve the business community’s ability to succeed in doing business, that identify and develop future community leaders, and that address workforce needs and trends.
To provide an array of services and an effective marketing effort that will lead to membership growth and fiscal stability for the Pierce County Chamber. In so doing, increase the visibility of the Chamber regionally and attract members from small and large companies and across economic and geographic sectors.
To identify, organize, and market an array of non-dues revenue programs that generate reliable income for the Chamber and contribute to its fiscal stability.
In carrying out the foregoing mission of the Pierce County Chamber, the Executive Director shall perform the following management functions:
• Committees: Shall assure the establishment, maintenance, and operation of those standing committees required to fulfill membership and other community objections.
• Personnel: Shall be responsible for staff selection, compensation, training, professional development, termination, and morale.
• Fiscal Management: Shall carry out the fiscal activities of the Chamber systematically, thoroughly, and with integrity, with the ultimate annual goal of operating “in the black” and achieving a modest surplus.
• Carry out the direction of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors and keep those bodies fully informed of events, trends, decisions (internal and external), and potential concerns that affect the business environment and the effectiveness of the Chamber.
• Effect and maintain the highest standards of quality in all Chamber functions and activities to assure the organization enjoys the highest possible image, reputation, and perception in the business community and the public at large. In so doing, serve as the chief staff spokesperson for the Pierce County Chamber and represent it at the highest levels of decision-making.
Desired credentials, skills, and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in business, government, communications, hospitality, or related field.
• Superior communication skills both orally and in writing. The public speaking component of the position is critical.
• Knowledge of Pierce County and the surrounding areas as a business and tourist location is highly desirable.
• Ability and willingness to attend functions after normal business hours and/or on weekends.
• Willingness to attend an occasional out-of-town conference or training.
The Pierce County Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. The Chamber does not discriminate based on race, creed, gender, national origin, marital or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $32,000 to $40,000/year
• Management: 1 year (Preferred)
• Communication Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
• Public Speaking: 1 year (Preferred)
• Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Follow us on Facebook
Pierce County Chamber of Commerce
200 SW Central Avenue, Blackshear, GA 31516
Please visit our Pierce County Chamber of Commerce Sponsors
A number of photographs used throughout this website have been used courtesy of: The Blackshear Times, Casey Jones, Jennifer Carter Johnson, Wayne Morgan Artistry